The Clay Arts Guild Sale Instructions
START HERE - Sale Dates July 3-5. This will be a test using Square Register for sales and inventory. New procedures are being implemented. See below.
- CAG Sale Inventory Instructions
- CAG Sales Agreement Form (includes Instructions and Conditions) - word
- CAG Sale Tips for Marketing Your Work
Frequently Asked Questions
I forgot to email my inventory, how do I do that?
The easiest way is to type your inventory into a Microsoft Word, Word Table, or Excel document and email it to saleinventory at clayartsguild dot com.
The format you use is important! Code<TAB>Piece Number<TAB>Description <TAB>Price. Here is an example using RGS initials as ID:
- Item# Seller Descr Price
- RGS01 RGS bowl 19
- RGS02 RGS shino vase 23
- RGS03 RGS plate 13
- RGS04 RGS plate 13
- RGS05 RGS sculpture of child 125
- RGS06 RGS lidded jar 27
- One piece to a line.
- No extra lines between pieces.
- Each piece of information separated from the next by one TAB. Just ONE TAB.
- NO spaces to make things pretty. :-}
- NO $ signs or decimal points on Price.
- No additional comments within the list.
- ID starts at the left margin; NO leading spaces.
- Seller initials MUST be used twice - in item number and seller column. This is how we will generate your item sales!
This is important. It will be pretty when printed from our database.
Where do I send it?
Email your inventory (as a word or excel document) as early as possible to
saleinventory at clayartsguild dot com.
How do I get the ID code of my choice?
If you have a previously selected ID, CAG will print your labels. Use the printed labels for pricing.
If you have no ID, select a first and second three-letter choice set and email them to Terry Cullen at Terry dot Cullen at clayartsguild dot com.
Most members use their three initials, but the choice is yours. You must check with Terry to make sure your three-letter choice is not already taken.
Can you print an Inventory Sheet for me?
Yes, as long as you send a readable email inventory by Sunday, June 28.
You can receive printed inventory sheets by email and/or at check-in.
How do I send an attachment?
For spreadsheets, the layout is the same as above.
No extra cells between data items, between lines or on left margin.
Be sure to use the same order:
What file types will work?
- Excel 97-2010
- Excel file Saved with CSV or TAB option
- Microsoft Word or Word Table
- Wordpad on Windows, Preview on Mac
- We can try other file types if needed
Can the inventories be entered at the CAG web site?
Not at this time. We hope to do so in future.-->